When it comes to education
We're looking at the big picture.
The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation
Bernie Myerson Scholarship Fund
2013 Scholarship Recipients
The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation (WRMPPF) is committed to helping students pursue their goal of a higher education through the Bernie Myerson Scholarship Fund. This fund was established in 2003 as a tribute to the former president and chief executive officer of Loews Theaters, Bernie Myerson. He was extensively involved in charities and philanthropic activities throughout his life.PURPOSE:
WRMPPF is offering up to $3,000 in scholarships to qualified students, who will attend an accredited college, vocational/technical school or university full-time during the 2014/2015 academic school year. The Bernie Myerson Scholarship is intended to provide financial support for employees and children of employees of the Exhibition Community who are in good standing with their current employer.2014 Application
- Applicant must be an employee (minimum of 1 year) of a theatrical exhibition company and must be in good standing with their current employer OR must be the child of an employee (minimum of 10 years) of a theatrical exhibition company who must be in good standing with their current employer.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or current US passport.
- Applicant must be seeking a scholarship to a vocational/technical school, a two-year college or a four-year college in the United States.
- Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative (junior and senior year only) GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership and participation in school activities.
- Relatives of selection committee are NOT eligible for award.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application.
- A minimum of two character references in the form of a letter of recommendation.
- A copy of transcripts* (junior and senior years of high school) indicating cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- List of community service and/or volunteer work performed over the last four years.
- Copy of 2012 tax return* (either for applicant or parent of applicant).
- Proof of US Citizenship or permanent residency* (for example, driver’s license, permanent resident ID card or current US passport).
- Personal Essay: In your essay, please answer the following (300 words or less):
- How has the exhibition/distribution industry impacted your life?
- What do you hope to achieve in your personal and professional life after completing college?
- Please briefly discuss your need for financial aid.
- Deadline for the application is June 13, 2014. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered unless prior permission of extension has been granted. You will be notified via email once your application has been received and has been submitted to the committee for review.
Scholarship funds will be issued directly to the recipient’s educational institution and may not be used to pay back college loans of any kind.
*In order to protect your privacy, please black out all social security numbers on any documents submitted with your application.
If you have questions about the process, please contact: